About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

wallpaper and cherubs and home improvement

So a few weeks ago we began a project on a house they call Bob. Well honestly I should say I just work on random things while they do all the hard work...lets be honest here.

Priority ONE: Cherubs removed. COMPLETE
 
Seriously why? Cherubs?? Honestly!? I am constantly in awe of the way people do things. I realize that art and decorations are truly in the eye of the beholder but wow. When I walked into the room it was indeed hard for me to not laugh at the fantastic cherub border and rose wallpaper. So I turned it into a joke, on how Pherf should leave it just as is on his walls, he didn't agree. Lets put it this way, he smiled and said nothing...to kind to tell me I was crazy, maybe that's why I like him. I know there was no way he would think of keeping it, and could anyone blame him?!?!?!

The boy is moving in with his best friend and there are some home improvements that are in need before anyone can move in. So being the nice person I am I helped take wallpaper down!! This was a first for me, on a Saturday but I believe that it can be labeled as a "Friday firsts" because its is still something I have never done before. I actually really enjoyed this.

I suppose wallpaper seems to me to be something that was a quick fix, as we have also just this last week spent time painting, and final coats to finish the room to remove even the thought of Cherubs. The simplicity and the ability to decorate off a base color has so many more opportunity's but wallpaper...seems limited, I mean you can only do so much with Cherubs!!??

My point...and yes I have one. simple is better, it allows more freedom farther along. Wallpaper is stupid, and no one in there right minds should use or create it anymore. As for fixing up a fixer upper: I need to watch more home improvement shows cuz I don't know how to do anything! ha ha! Alas, even with not really knowing, the progress makes me happy and the finished makes me feel accomplished. Truly I love the idea of progress, I love to see things develop. Trust me this house is developing... from the first day when I was sneezing from the cat hair from the renter to now...even though its still in process...I LOVE IT. I know I am crazy, and I am documenting the progress of "bob" Isaac's house will be lovely all around. indeed.
Priority Two: Paint COMPLETE
Priority Three: REMOVE NASTY CARPET, replace with nice comfy CLEAN Stuff: COMPLETE
Priority Four: hot tub. pending
Priority Five: Move the best friends in. pending

Priority: Way to many to list: PENDING


6 comments:

Jana said...

UGH! CHERUBS?!! SICK! Can't wait to see the before/after shots! . . . you DID take them, right? ;) The first rule in re-doing ANYTHING is to always take before/after shots!

If you need any more experience w/ this stuff, feel free to visit our household - there are PLENTY of projects here to learn from!! :)

fun times!

Melinda said...

Seriously I knew you would understand : ) we are so the same person!! Of course I did. well sort of ha ha! The after will show up soon.

Did I mention that the closet shelves where lined with goose wall paper too! ha ha ha!

I do need to visit

Alisa Marie said...

cherubs.... goose paper.... interesting.

I bet you guys painted a boring non-feminine beige. Thats what Tad would pick, and what will probably be the only color i can squeeze outta him when we get a house.

Jana said...

DUDE! all it's missing is a big rooster in the kitchen!!! ;)

Jana said...

P.S.

Alisa - what is it w/ guys and beige?? my parents are tearing down wallpaper and painting in their new house in kansas and the only "color" (if you can call it that) he'll agree to is beige!! our whole stinkin house here was beige when we moved in and you can bet i changed that as quickly as possible! as far as i'm concerned, beige is the same as white!

Melinda said...

ha ha ha ha!!

why how did you guess that it was non-femimine beige!! That's the color we told the paint person. She said she knew exactly what it was.

There was no roster but there was a Heart shelf, and a Bead dragon fly hanging off the curtains. OOh my favorite! It had to go!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back