About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The summer has begun.


indeed. 
Even though the fires keep raging, we decided to have a bonfire while our dear friend visited. What a time to relax, laugh and enjoy! We all have such busy lives, and much going on, but to pause after a much busy week for all, was a pleasant breath of fresh air. I almost would say its been the most carefree we have all been in a while. 
 
Its is indeed only the beginning.

Currently I have a week off. Day one equals: fantastic, as I spent most of it thinking that I needed to be somewhere. I was grateful that I was able to ignore phone calls, and even take a nap in the middle of the day. Gasp! I have not done that in a long time I woke up smiled and thought wow, I think I like being on vacation! Not to mention I was able to watch a movie with my dear friends! Kung Fu Panda. ohh my I laughed much, and enjoyed it much, I doubted the goodness of it, however the tall house mate gave me hope, hope that came through, fantastic. 

We have finished VBA, the college kids are returning, and finally the graduations have finished. What more can I ask for. I suppose if I wanted to I would ask the Northern California would stop burning. Actually our friend Isaac received a call during our bonfire, and he is off fighting them...so I am praying. 

As for the next few days of vacation. I plan to catch up on friends, life, and the pile of book that seem so distant to me. I cannot wait.

4 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

yeah mel! glad you're taking a break! See you on sat.

Cellar Door said...

awww that particular picture of you & Pherfer turned out really cute! way to go :)

Melinda said...

Yeah...wait what is sat??? oohh Yeah...I just remembered!! YEAH! I should tell Pherf.

Lunch right? and um are you staying the night?

Melinda said...

ps thanks. I like that photo too. : )

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back