About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Two things...

Two things keep me awake tonight. 


ONE:

At about 2 this afternoon my grandmother was admitted to the Hospital with a blood sugar level that to my knowledge was just a large number. The reality of that large number that until about 10 tonight did I realize that, the large number was actually something that could have been fatal. My boyfriend said to his knowledge he
 didn't think that the number was a good thing, so he got a hold or a friend of ours who is a paramedic, he said that on calls, in all his shifts he has never seen someone with that high of a reading. This of course did not set my heart at ease being so far away...and having too many things on the calender to just jump in my car and be there. Trust me that's all I want to do. Yet I know that while she is in the hospital they are monitoring her and her high blood sugar is dropping. It basically still scares the crap out of me. I wish I had a happy answer but sometimes it just sucks. So I am praying and thinking about how amazing my grandma is (even though I don't speak much Spanish and she doesn't speak much English) how much fun i had the last time my mom brought them to my house in Mount Hermon. How they love drinking coffee and sitting in my house. Lovely image. lovely. 

TWO: 

pictured Left to Right (Alisa, Isaac, Melissa, Me, Manuel, Angela, and Dave. (missing Frankie & Jessie))
Not to mention that recently we have found our long lost cousin who do to age should be in this photo above sitting between me and melissa or between melissa and Isaac not sure. Yes indeed its possible that there is one more Solis out there that we have not been able to claim. We as kids all met him in brief encounters, encounters long enough for us to know, and then he was gone. I believe the last time we saw him was when we where about 5-8 years old. My grandma carries a picture of him in her wallet. My cousins Isaac and Angela found him..and sent him messages of all places on my space. At first he didn't want to talk to them...at first he thought they where lies but can you blame him. We are a tight family, and due to choices of his parents we have only heard from him now 24 years or so later. wow. So If grandma is better he plans on coming to a baby shower to one of my younger cousins...not yet born to be pictured above. Its just crazy and yet another reason why I want to be in my car and to the valley as we speak. humph.


1 comment:

Eliza said...

I'll be praying for your grandma!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back