About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't Worry I am safe.

Hello friends yes its seems again that the news in your far away cities is report that Santa Cruz is burning Down. However, there is still a fire burning in Bonny Doon CA, which is still very close it is being called the Martin Fire as it started near Martin road. As far as I know the fire is headed south for the most part. My house is East of the Fire, and my work is South East of the Fire. Click on the link above to see the news report from the people that know what they are talking about.

There are many trees and many of my students, as well as people from our church, have been evacuated. Through the tears on through the phone of my student who's home was evacuated  before she even knew about the fire, through tears she said,  "I'm just scared, because I don't know what's going to happen!" And that's the heart of many here. Right now.
 So though I am not worried...there is great Fear in the Bonny Doon to the coast, and the next few days there are graduations all over from UCSC to Santa Cruz High, to Scott's Valley High, to mission hill...point is much is going on and the fires are just in the way. 

This is a picture around 6 ish tonight in the parking lot of my church on high street. Looks cool.

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back