About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 out of 4 Weddings this summer

"Every Human Longs for love. The possibility that God is Love is almost an overwhelming prospect." ~ Erwin McManus - Soul Cravings

Love is indeed a beautiful thing, and marriage is often a public display to celebrate that union and desire to commit two people together who have fallen in love. This last year has indeed been a year where I have been trying to understand what God's true LOVE is for me. I didn't understand it for the most part other than head knowledge, yet being, going, and being a part of weddings provided me a glimpse into that window. Since this journey, going to weddings this year has been a whole different view and enjoyment for me. 

One thing that I have admired in the last few weddings i have attended is that people's recent desire to have their friends and family to commit to walk with them through the journey. So Beautiful. Marriage is an extension of friendship, from what I can tell and ultimately brings beauty to family, and displays on earth Christ love for the church. Which Christ Love for the church in itself is such a long conversation, I will spare you and stay away from that for now other than I agree. wink. 

This Year there have only been a few weddings (and I am blessed to only attend this year, because I have been feeling like the Girl in 27 Dresses, so the relief is all mine) but they have all been thus far unique and true to each couples personalities. We laughed smiled and I enjoyed each moment. My prayer in general is that God will Bless there unions and will allow them all to continue to see HIM more, as they learn really who each other really are. I do not know from experience but only from what people tell me, that the first year of marriage is hard, and as they walk through together it can make or break the marriage. My prayer for these four is that this first year makes it for them!

1. Dave and Meg Lockwood, 
Meg seems to hold her beautiful heart out for all to embrace and love. And Wow Dave is married....hard to believe my dear friend walked down the isle...There is hope for us all Wink! Anyone who will choreograph a dance with Dave is amazing...I only wrote a song ha ha!  
2. Jacob and Jordan Tracy. 
I have always enjoyed this couple. Their carefree spirit for freedom in life and style as they approach all that is before them. With Bluegrass in the background I was blessed by this wedding, to the setting of winery, to the fantastic music selection! I have known them for a while, and have seen their kind hearts as I am now a new closer friend due to their friendship to one of their Groomsman whom I am fond of.
3. Shiba and Samir: She is indeed like another little sister as she is one of my best friends little sister. What a beautiful cultural wedding, the Indian culture is deep in tradition, and surrounded by family. Even though the weather was hotter than hot...it was worth the heat to witness the entrance on the white horse and the 5 plus times we where served Indian food that I had the change to fill my place with Indian (Dot not feather) Cuisine : ) yummy!
4. Gator and Tuesday Meyer STILL TO COME : ) 

We are going to Catalina, and we get to play mini golf tourney!! What more can you ask for! I just love them!

1 comment:

Cellar Door said...

I love your words: "marriage is an extension of friendship."

Not that I have any first-hand experience in the field, but that seems like the most beautiful and healthy way of putting it. :)

Loves
-G

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back