About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

a phone call goes both ways...

Friendship is never easy, especially ones that you have had for many years.

Somewhere along the line people fight, people make amends, and people live life as scheduled, friends grow together.

Now there are plenty of times where you can pick up where you left off, which is something I do often, however I am speaking of the other 2% of friendships.

But somewhere along the line there is a change. An element of giving up. As though both sides have surrendered. surrendered because of the work they see ahead, or because they just don't see the reason why. The battle seems harder than the prize.

This as a whole makes my heart hurt. I have watched it happen to many people including myself and its hard because when on tries to invest so much and receives nothing in return, you become weary. You become heartbroken and long for how life was.

David & Johnathan Fought for their friendship. My hearts cry is to always be that way, but sometimes it feels like I am Johnathan, and the David's in my life have not seen, or responded to the sign.

I want to be and for others to be a friend that still loves me when my heart hurts, and when I have no words. That's the friend I want to be.

NOTE: I love my friends...the ones that are close, even the distant ones I know I can call on in a moment and you will come through. this is a rant on how I am feeling currently

5 comments:

Jana said...

i'll be your david!!!! :) ;)

Anonymous said...

mel. i hear your words and your heart. coffee, my friend. thanksgiving holiday? was it sunday or wednesday night? or thursday morning? uuugugg. i neeed some time with you. cuz you get how i'm doing.

Melinda said...

jana...thank you...and I am your johnathan! LOVE YOU!

Melinda said...

Kit...Thanks for reading...Thanks for hearing...I think we said sunday. Cuz, wednesday I may or may not already be in bako, and Thursday well, if I am already in bako then thats a no too. Not sure of my details I'll let you know. It will be on my reture or before I leave since technically I will not be in SC for the holiday. I hope I do get how your doing. From what you said I believe i do.

Eliza said...

I know what you are saying all too well. I love you and am so excited to see you over Thanksgiving...you are motivating me to get lots done before you come so I can just chill and relax with my good friends!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back