About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Aaron Everett DeBondt


Aaron Everett DeBondt
1980 - 2007
Aaron Everett DeBondt, 27, born March 5, 1980, in Luverne, MN. He went home to be with the Lord on November 7, 2007. A Celebration of Life will be held at Laurelglen Bible Church, 2801 Ashe Road, Tuesday, November 13th, at 10:00 a.m. Aaron is survived by his mother, Judy of Bakersfield; his father, Randy of Rock Valley, IA; brothers, Travis, Nathan (Jackie) and Justin (Jen); grandparents, Everett and Catherine Fikse of Hills, MN. Aaron was very fond of his nephew and two nieces. He cherished his many friends and was well known by many for his compassionate heart. Aaron attended Sing Lum, Tevis, Stockdale High, BC, and graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a degree in business. He was currently working as a Pharmaceutical Rep. Sharing his faith, golfing, playing soccer, and watching his Raiders play were some of his passions. Aaron had strong faith in his Lord, and his favorite quote was, "God is hiding in the world. Our task is to let the divine emerge from our deeds." In lieu of flowers his family asks contributions be made to the Fresno Burn Center. Aaron Everett DeBondt Mar. 5, 1980 - Nov. 7, 2007 Published in the Bakersfield Californian on 11/11/2007.



A NOTE FROM ME:

Its just feels strange to get a phone call from a friend and hear that, an old friend of ours has passed away. Its more strange to read an old friends Obituary when you are only 28 years old. I went to High school with Aaron, and knew him best through the doors of Laurel Glen Bible Church. I was always fond of his goofy personality, sweet smile, and love for people.


Unfortunately life, and growing up has made me loose contact with many from the past. In the presence of that does not remove fond memories nor the realisation that life is indeed short.

4 comments:

Jana said...

i hear ya . . . aaron was one of those guys who just always seemed to be smiling and loving life! it's very unreal, like you said, when you find yourself saying "goodbye" to someone in the "prime of life" - a reminder that there's no promise of tomorrow (something that's often said, but i think so rarely truly understood).

love you!

Anonymous said...

Aaron (DEBO) had grown to be one of my best friends over the past few years. I just googled his name and found this post. I spoke to his mother tonight, and we were reminiscing about Aaron and his humor. I miss him dearly...but I can assure you that he was in the prime of his "spiritual" life as well as his life her on this earth. I think about him daily...and I can't wait to hear him laugh again in Heaven.
Seth Perry
seth.perry@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

It's been over 8 months now, and I still can't believe he's gone. I don't know if it'll ever seem real. He's in heaven with our Father, and after all the many struggles he's gone through in his short life, he is finally where he belongs and will forever! I miss you so much Aaron! I'll see you again one day in heaven. Until then, I love you!

Melinda said...

I am constantly amazed how much people touch peoples lives. so amazing so wonderful!

My prayers and thoughts are still with friends and family of Aaron.

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back