About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Waiting Inevitability

If you didn't know already I have been involved last year and this year in "Come Away's" Basically once a month from 9 - 3 pm I am involved in a guided spiritual retreat. 
I was looking back at my journal for the month of November...and Its just Funny how God has been keeping this topic so close to my heart, for the last really 3 months...and I suppose that indeed it will continue for a few months more! Here are my thoughts and quotes that touched my heart throughout the of solitude and reflection.
Waiting...
"To wait apon God is Not a fruitless wast of time or a sign of inefficient, ineffective prayer: it is our God - given work, our assigned task." Margaret Guenther 

"Waiting develops a willingness to be changed, a time for God to Act upon me as I wait for further direction & deeper Understanding."

This quote makes me wonder if I actually believe it. I know that it does create a willingness to change, as I have seen that in my walk, even though I am not always willing to be changed. To change brings on fear, fear makes me stubborn (and we know how stubborn I already am), frozen, and holding my breath. I find for me, at times I wait well and calm, and other times I am no longer calm and in no way do I look like a person that waits well. Fear often overcomes me.

"The invitation to wait, especially during Advent, is to allow God to fill the open receptacle of my heart with God's spirit."

My hesitation: How God do I know when you have filled me?
              Which Brings me this picture: Filling a coffee cup @ a convenience store. 
                                                     (I travel a lot...its my only connection with energy on long drives)
How do you know its full? I don't want to pull away thinking its full and Short myself my Vanilla Cap! But if I don't let go early enough my cup it overflows & burns my hand. Am I fearful that you Lord will burn my hand? Its as if I wait on you, I believe I'm going to get too much and I will not be able to handle it. If I cannot wait for you My God, and I only receive a half portion, and I believe that it will sustain me. 

To often we pull away and don't wait for God's certain goodness. I suppose this is my journey. And I am reminded on a daily basis. To wait upon the Lord. 


A dear old friend sent me this verse, "Trust in the Lord, be still and wait patiently for Him. Fret not yourself." Psalm 37

  And so I wait.

Still moving Forward, but waiting on His Plan, His Schedule, His Patience. 

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back