About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

ON the 7th day...

Sleep...I need it.

its funny that in times of sleep depravity, it seems that what is running though my head is stress, lists, people,  relationships, what needs to be finished, who I need to pray for, and thoughts all random. 

family, life, love, ministry, snow trip, Mexico, volunteers, friends, money, time, and adequacy to name a few are what keeps me up at night these last 6 nights. 

My hope is I don't follow my pattern and not sleep the night before the trip (*Historically the Night before a trip I cannot sleep, I am up aimlessly, packing, and sorting anything in my room...one thing missing is sleep). 

On the 7Th day...I would like to rest...praying its so. 

Praying the same for my partner in crime at HSCC, with kids he has been up as well. 

Me,  I'm just up...which sucks more...I have no reason for my sleepless nights.

And in about 20 minutes my Roommate wakes up to work at a coffee shop...at an hour no one going to sleep on time should have to awake at.

and at the moment I have no idea where my wallet is?? Hummm

SLEEP COME...CLARITY SoooooOOOOooN After!

3 comments:

marz. said...

aw mel.
I hope you got some shut eye last night.

As a recently diagnosed insomniac I understand... although for me, now my bed time is merely when I decide to take ambien.

anyway. I appreciated your blog, that you wrote earlier. And as for processing, it is scientifically proven that sleep aides processing, by channeling the memories and images of the day and stuff into the proper place in the noggin...

so... ironically... going to sleep, might help you sleep.

drink some sweet dreams tea.
love ya.

Brittany said...

Reading your blog when I should be packing, cleaning, washing clothes and making sure I have my own wallet for my own trip to the snow and totally understanding! Hope the trip is/was fabulous!

Melinda said...

ha ha ha!

Indeed indeed what is shut Eye anyway? 4 hours maybe 3...its all good right...after all I used to pull these hours in College no big deal. I still young right!! ehhh.

ps its 1:26 on the 7th day...

I am awake.

I have found my wallet

I will have an AMAZING SNOW TRIP

Sleep or no sleep!

Praying for yours Brittany & Trinity (broken foot and all)

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back