About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The birthday's have begun

So Today was the start of Birthday madness. 
My dear friend Shannon and I have been able to celebrate only days apart for some time now. Who would have thought when we tipped over in a canoe in surrounded by 3 & 4 th Graders in the Summer of 99 that we would still be friends today. 
But there we where in a Burb, with our Driver Christi. I should have know it would be an adventure when we backed up and the tires already screeched. "sorry, the driveway is steep!" 
We all where packed in and off to go wine tasting around bonny doon, and then dinner. This turned into a day of things I have never done before...but fun, and with good people.  
If you have noted my blogs in the last two days the storms have been busy. So busy in fact that a tree was across our road. I say our road because it stood in the way of our Birthday plans. 

Through many screams, and second thoughts we decided that indeed we needed to go under the tree, because unlike the
 children's song we could not go around it or up it just, through it. Singing however was LAST on my mind as did I forget to mention there where down power lines too. Aye! We lifted our feet as if this would help, and waited and watched a local drive through it first...we thought sure! They did it...and we are sort of Locals...uhhh... One of the Ryan's from behind yelled DRIVE...and we did. 

Clearly we are safe cuz we I am writing happily. Then dinner at this fantastic place so fantastic I forgot the name...but its in davenport, You can't miss it! Food was amazing and they had live music. It was a guitarist that I honestly
 thought was a CD it was so beautiful. From catching lemons to us all trying eachothers food, and they even gave Shannon a little cake that was Divine which we shared.  

If you know anything about Davenport you know there is a great "Glass Beach" that is really close by. So for Shannon we thought Oooh Lets get at least one piece of glass so that we can say we got some for Shannon on her birthday! S
o we crossed the street, and well we found no glass, because honestly the path was so slippery from all the rain...and more than one time we where scared by the ryan's,and once I was scared by brenda but that's another story. ps What you cannot see behind Venessa and I is the depths of the cliffs behind us!! We where very very afraid!

So I hope that the 6th which is Bryce's Birthday, and the 8th which is mine will be fun as well just because!

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back