About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Friday, January 4, 2008

ps.

The storms are much worse than i thought. I realized this when my friend from NY city called and asked if I was ok. huh? I was fine and cozy and warm in my well lit house! 


And then I remembered: 

Mount Hermon conference center drive was still full of light...
Scott's Valley was also filled with lights...
the DMV & B of A in Capitola had lights...

But apparently nobody else did. Not even our friends atop of the hill had lights.

ok so maybe i noticed it when the signs all said severe flood area earier this afternoon...no worries I was on the safe parts!

I also found out when I was driving to my friends at night the stores where closed in Felton and the street lights out, and I'll be honest it felt a little strange. 

And maybe there was only one way into my house. Graham hill closed, hwy 9 closed both ways, which leaves only one way out. 

well there is no rain right now, and I hope it stays that way so some friends of ours can travel back on their planes safely and with no delays tomorrow. Goodnight!

yikes its almost midnight and this is the latest I have stayed up since the night before new years!! That's what my cold/fever/plague/the sickness does to you...(did i mention that I have been sick since the 1st? what a lousy way to finish my vacation...ehh at least I can say I was well rested on my vacate!) NyQuil is calling my name... before my cough takes over the words I type goodnight.

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back