About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bob Russell of Mount Hermon

indeed a sad sad day.

Bob Russell Human Resourses of Mount Hermon Christian Camp, position has been eliminated. As I walked to drop something off I heard the news.

As I sat in his office, heard his heart. Heard his sadness. Heard his words

"The Hardest part, is going to be letting the summer staff go." 

My heart sank many times during our conversation. My heart also Laughed with Bob, and celebrated good memories with him. 

My prayer is that he doesn't find a job far away, and he promised me he was NOT going back to Canada. Wheew. My Prayer is that he knows how much of an impact he has had on the summer staff of mount hermon for over 12 years. My prayer is that he leaves with a happy heart, that is not jaded. My prayer is that he knows he is loved. My prayer is for smooth transition, and current staff to process well. 

To the man who said, my camp name should be "token" and yet in the next instance I see his heart and love for people.  God Speed. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What????

This is so sad to me!! Seriously, Bob Russell is so much of the heart of Mount Hermon...

Is there something being done to let him know how special he is? A farewell or something?

Melinda said...

I believe so...

He is transitioning pretty fast like before summer. And Maybe sooner if he finds a job. He hopes to stay in the area but...Who Knows. Everyone feels the same way. I talked with Jackie about yeah

Melinda said...

ok the rest of that should say...

I talked with Jackie about it and they are suppose to be planning something, but nothing is on the table yet.

As for supporting him.

I am compiling a book of letters and pictures from people that have been on staff through the years.

Please write something and send it to me ASAP.

to the PO BOX 302

I am putting them in a book like our girls book but different.

If you would Spread the word to anyone you talk to that would be lovely. It doesn't matter which camp they worked at, as long as they know Bob. Spread the Word!!

Love ya!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back