About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Earth Quake on a personal Level.

It was a powerful Quake that lasted 30 seconds...

People left reminded of the 89 Quake and its devastation

Even thought it was a 5.6 and to my knowledge no one was hurt, and no property was damaged, people still paused in fear.

I actually sat on my couch and heard a rumble, then I felt it. I held my breath and looked across the room to see our light over the kitchen table swaying. gulp. I closed my computer. and grabbed my phone...then, I sat frozen unable to move. that 30 seconds felt like a life time. I was waiting for it to get worse, I was waiting for something to fall off the wall...I was waiting for certain destruction.

I suppose such is life...in the midst of something that is so powerful in our life we tend to believe that it will soon end in massive and sudden destruction. Its in the midst of the tremor that our fear is at its highest. and only when we pause and think about the tremor can we move on and see that it doesn't always end in destruction. May we live and not be shaken...that is my heart in the last two days. My God will not be shaken, may I rejoice in the morning, may I sing your praises Lord!

Psalm 30:1-12
I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the
depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O Lord my God, I called
to you for help and you healed me. O Lord, you brought me up from the
grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing to the Lord, you
saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing
comes in the morning.
When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be
shaken."
O Lord, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. To you, O Lord, I called; to
the Lord I cried for mercy: "What gain is there in my destruction, in my
going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your
faithfulness? Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help."
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed
me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my
God, I will give you thanks forever.

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back