About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

10 days.

GOOD or BAD

its about outlook. Right now as its 2 am...
My Outlook: Bad, because I don't want to pack nor do I feel like being away for 10 days.

While on the plane:
My Outlook: Good, there is no turning back now. Sigh, I made it

Day three in Mexico
My Outlook: humph, i want to go home...but I appreciate what is happening.

Day Five in Mexico:
My Outlook: Wait we are leaving....NOooooo.

Day 7 back in San Diego:
My Outlook: Americans....we suck. Ooh cute Youth pastor, and no ring...
ha ha Just kidding.

Monday the 22nd!
My Outlook: Ahhh that was amazing! Sigh, praise Jesus I get to sleep in my own bed!
Sings song to herself,

"Thank you Lord

feels so gooood,

every single cell

in my body is well!"

**(Note: ways to procrastinate packing: mess with your blog)

Honestly I am looking forward to spending time with Azusa Pacific University Mexico Outreach, as they lead us (me and other youth pastors) in discussions about Mission. I am hopeful on what we will learn, what I can apply to our ministry in Santa Cruz. I am looking forward to meeting new people that we may network in the future. I am anticipating new views on missions.

I am excited about pausing and letting God speak into my life, while in Mexico and while in San Diego.

At the YS, Youth Workers Conference I'm longing to connect, be refreshed, and enjoy worship without having to feel like I am looking out for the needs of others.

I believe this time, is time I have needed for a while. So while I am apprehensive of what is to come, in the same breath I am excited to rest in Him. It truly seems that the last two months have been all too busy. True rest has not been in my vocabulary, even with being sick, having random back problems, and my boss being gone for two weeks. I feel like I need an oxygen tank to catch my breath.

Such is life. Praying for Renewal. Praying for Rest. Praying that I will enjoy my time.

I return on October 22nd, in the PM.

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back