About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

a caterer or a florist

The last days have indeed been a whirl wind but what started that off with:
Friday the 12 th of October. In the midst of it all I was still being dedicated to doing something new on friday.
So this is what i did.

I met up with my friends mom who is a florist and I did something I had only wished I could do before. You see, I have always had a deep love for flowers.


  • buying them for myself

  • buying them for others

  • stopping to smell them

  • taking pictures of them

  • arranging sub par bouquets for my brother

Many year's ago my brother told me,


"Your either going to be a cater or a florist"

When he said that it really resonated with my creative spirit as well as a desire to create something a person wanted, in essence provide a service. Now we all know that I have not become either in a full time, but my heart still enjoys serving people with this heart.


You see Marcie runs her own flower shop, she fills orders for weddings and special occasions.


I was able to create for a day...and I loved every minute of it. these are some of the bouquets we created. They are what the bride wanted. I learned on that day with Marcie that she sees being a florist as serving the bride to help her picture become a reality.

I was nervous the entire time but was enjoying all that I had created. I will probably help out again...at least I hope! wink.

a caterer or a florist...maybe I'll get to be a caterer some day too. Whoo knows?


No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back