About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Monday, April 28, 2008

religion on Tv

I am so amazed. Granted they do not have it all put together but...interesting never the less.

*Disclaimer: I am not supporting the show because there is questionable material. But I am saying that sometimes the questionable, has a great level of depth in the midst of it all.

This Scene (in the last 10 minutes of the episode) Lynette is trying to find faith and answers to where was God, during the hurricane, and during her struggle with Cancer. There is some great dialogue between then on a number of different occasions. There is a great scene early in the episode where Bree is embarrassed at her Presbyterian church because, as the Pastor Finishes his sermon, Lynette raises her hand. ahhh who does that in church anyway. As the pastor answers her questions, Bree is so caught up in the not following church etiquette that she doesn't even pause to hear the valid and beautiful questions her friend has. 

I am blown away by how true this scenario could and can be in the church today. I am grateful that Don my Sr Pastor allows freedom and people to talk and ask questions about the sermon. Frankly its refreshing.

This Conversation is Bree's apology for "suggesting" Lynette try other churches where that more acceptable. Lynette's search for truth, makes me smile. Maybe it also makes me smile because people that are searching for truth bring me life. Always have.

"Sunday" Desperate House Wives (Watch on ABC.com)

Bree: also I wanted to apologize.
Lynette: oh you don't have to do that
B: yes i do, you where right. faith shouldn't be blind, you don't threaten it by asking questions, you make it stronger. and I lost sight of that.
L: well maybe a little
B: And it meant a lot that you came to me for guidance and I am sorry that i wasn't there for you. I want you to have faith in our friendship.
L: well there is some things that are easy to believe in.

NARRATOR: Faith is a belief in something you cannot see... when there is doubt our faith begins to vanish and fear rushes in to take its place.


Such truth spoken about faith and friendship. It makes me wonder what happened on the writers strike. Did the writers all find faith. No matter what, I am intrigued and will continue to watch and take note.

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back