About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

keep on driving...

After our return from Mexico it was only fitting on Mr Chavez' Day to enjoy the views of SC. So with Pherf and I having the day off we ventured to many lovely places. This stunning view and this picture doesn't do justice to what was before my eyes off 1 freeway. Why does a sunny day and a beautiful day always make me happy?! I just can't seem to get enough of it.
Just when I say, Hey God I'm tired...I need something lovely to make me smile again puts amazing people in my life to show me beauty from viewpoints i never knew where there! Simply amazing.

And to think the view i love is so simple but will indeed always be my favorite. 
Some of my favorite days are days with no plans, days where you just keep on driving and you see what adventures lie ahead. Days where conversation is both deep, and shallow, and in
 the same breath refreshing.  That day for me most recently was Monday. It was like a wonderful ending to week in Mexico. 
This last week while in Mexico, God challenged us to be open. For me being open had much to do with God asking me to be quiet before him...He called me to be way more introspective than I thought possible in my undiagnosed ADD mind. Of course God showed up, but not in the ways that I thought or assumed. I cried for multiple reasons on the trip... most where because I was watching our students "Get it" to move out of there normal thought process. This move was not a move lead by a spiritual high, but a movement that cried Maturity in Christ. That brought me to tears... that still does as I type. 

Below is a picture on our last night... where we brought together the nationals and our team for a celebration dinner and worship service. This was because some seniors wanted to work side by side with the nationals. We could not have don't it with out them. This also brought tears. Many of the nationals just three years ago where in the VBA program themselves and now they are the labors. May God continue to bless pastor Alberto & his wife Margarette, and family. May God continue to bless Sonja and the Sunday School teams....may God bless the labor and tears they have shed for the ministry. So Beautiful!
 

2 comments:

heidi anne said...

"Days where conversation is both deep, and shallow, and in the same breath refreshing."

I love this. And you. And this new season of your life. Welcome home friend.

Melinda said...

"its a new season"

that makes me think of Israel and the new breed's song its a new season. I just couldn't help myself the words below are well amazing! Indeed we are on the verge of a new season...

you too my friend.

Enjoy. then listen to it.

"Chorus
It's a new season, it's a new day.
A fresh anointing is flowing my way.
It's a season of power and prosperity.
It's a new season coming to me.

Verse 1
The devil's time is up no longer can he bother me,
'cause the Creator of the universe He fathers me,
and it's transferable my children's children shall be free;
it's a new season (it's a new season).

If you don't know by now, you need to know it's jubilee,
where debts are cancel and your children walk in victory.
It's so available to you right now just taste and see,
it's a new season (it's a new season).

Chorus

Verse 2
The new millennium presents a new horizon,
and no greater time for us to make a choice and take a stand.
All that we need, is resting in His hands;
it's a new season (it's a new season).

All that was stolen is returned to you a hundred fold,
Tried in the fire but you're coming out gold.
Cling to His hand,
yes, to every promise take a hold;
it's a new season (it's a new season)

Chorus

Ending
It's a new season coming to me."

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back