About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Monday, April 14, 2008

sick

There is a poem by Shel Silverstein which I will not lie in these last few days I believe I could quote the words and claim them as true. And right now besides my flowers I got today   : ) this poem is the only thing that makes me smile after spending the last 4 days inside. only with brief moments in the outside world.


And and section of my friend shel. 

"my tonsils are as big as rocks...
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--
my hip hurts when I move my chin my belly button is caving in...
my nose is cold, my toes are numb....
I have a sliver in my thumb
my neck is stiff, my voice is weak, 
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight.
my temperature is one-o-eight
my brain is shunk, I cannot hear,
there is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is...what
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is---Saturday?
g'bye, I'm going out to play! "


The sad thing was I only got to go play one night which was good. I meet grandparents, and tried to swallow all that i could with a smile still on my face. They tell my tonselitisis (sp?) is going around this place. ehh. thanks doc. I still feel like crap and well I can't swallow well, and truly haven't eaten a real meal since wednesday. Good news is I am keeping hydrated, and am sleeping well between a random cough which hurts, so then I wake up...6 or so times in the night. Only to drink cold water to sooth...wait but that hurts too! eek! 

I just want to be better...no more sickness! 

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back