About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Just call me Buddy...

Finally our Christmas tree has arrived! 





                          
Christmas Tree Stats:
Location: Living Room: on Top of our Bistro table (adds 2 more feet)

Height: 2 feet tall
 
Ornaments: Urban Outfitters: hip and random colors

Tree Star: Dollar Tree (yeah!! Venessa & I may LOVE IT)

Lights: One String 100 count (I told you its huge)


Sitting at Midnight 
enjoying the Christmas Spirit... AMAZING!

There is something that gets me every year and its sitting in the room, with the tree lights on, very few lights on, and everyone has gone to bed. There is this peace that I get just from sitting near it. Something, that I am just realising Its just not Christmas to me until I get to pause by my tree...as silly as that is. I can't lie I just love it.


5 comments:

heidi anne said...

i love that you get christmas-crazy. me too. it drives everyone nuts that christmas is to be enjoyed the ENTIRE MONTH of december in my world. but i love it. and you too.

Eliza said...

HURRAY! I love it!

Hopefully you won't have my bad luck...although I tested ALL the strands...one went out about 2 days ago...2nd year in a row that's happened.

Carols non stop until December 26th!

Miss you like crazy!

Melinda said...

Ahh yes christmas!!! I want to celebrate all month...but people get cranky about that!! ha ha! Thanks Heidi.


Liza I don't think even if I had your bad luck it would be that bad since...I only have 100 lights on my tree...that means only 1 strand of lights. ha ha ha!!

One thing I am missing is my Christmas music...I need my Bing, and Nat...oohh How I miss it.

Anonymous said...

One of my best friends was like that about christmas trees. one year her family went to bed early, all smiles, and she was sitting alone with her boyfriend drinking hot chocolate and he wasn't talking to her. she thought maybe something was wrong, but then she finally noticed the ring he had put in the tree. she screamed and her whole family who really hadn't gone to bed at all came running out to congratulate them both.

it was the sweetest proposal story ive ever heard, because if you knew her, you would know it was just so totally her.

Melinda said...

ahh that's beautiful! I love fun stories like that indeed : )

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back