About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm no critic



This afternoon I spent a lovely Friday afternoon watching old shows online as I caught up to wherever prime time TV is these days. I took time to rest which is something I'm not sure I do enough...

On to the point of this entry...today with my two good friends I went to see finally, "Across the Universe" 

If you know me at all you would know that I have always loved the Beatles and in fact was a bit crazy during the time when the Anthologies came out. A spark usually come to my eye upon the first notes of a song. especially some of my favorites: hey Jude, all you need is love, black bird (to which I would like to take the time to
publicly apologize for playing the 1st 15 seconds over and over again while my sister 
and practically my sister sat annoyed...because Napster only played what it downloaded on second at a time), don't let me down...to name a few.  

I'm no critic but I absolutely loved this movie. A musical love story that tied in so many Beatles songs, character names, and lines from songs woven into the script. You can appreciate this movie with little knowledge of the songs...but you will smile more if you have just a bit. I was caught up in the love story, friendships, imagery, and musical score.

I do have to say that I recommend this like I recommend "love actually" & Moulin Rouge. This movie is wonderful but indeed has its moments where, well the artsy word of exposure come in. If I could edit those parts out I would recommend this to all crowds however since I cannot I suggest watching only if your ok with about 20 minutes of random inappropriateness in a artsy love kind of way. 
This was creative...and worth buying...not just the movie but the 
soundtrack...fantastic!

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back