About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Friends Missed

On Sunday Night a dear friend of mine took off for another Year Long Adventure to Egypt. He is doing wonderful things there, and always comes back with mountains of Stories. Alas we shall miss him. Lucky for us we have Skype. And that is lovely for chatting as if we where in the same room, for free! (Pictured: Me, Nessa, Barrett, and our lovely Chris in the Background!)


Not to mention that a few weeks ago, two other dear friends and there dog...moved to Indiana. Which, might as well be Egypt! ha ha! As I sat in there kitchen      and we wept, talking about life, and our hearts, I realised that I had not been the friend I wanted to be to them during there time in Cali. (Pictured: Trish, Nate & Lucy)

Not to mention the friends I have in different towns or that have already moved away. Its not easy ... ever.

My only regret is that we would have been able to hang out more while our friend was home! Funny how we miss friends so much when they are gone...but with life as "busy" as it is, we do not spend the time we need to spend with each other.


Which made me think. Sometimes I am indeed tired of fighting, some people you have to let go, others you must be satisfied that lives have changed, sometimes people move and you are closer when they are away because the times you get to talk with them there is depth, instantly because if you don't you will miss it. And so, we crave the deep, we crave the people that know us for who we are, and see what we are becoming. 

Do you dwell in ones lost or do we invest in those right in fount of us. We Speak our hearts, we are truthful, and we talk of the pain. Those friends stay...those friends fight for you. Those are the friends I crave. No matter if they live across the hall, or across the country.  


In the last 3 days I have heard this cry from many different people. It made my heart sad. It made me wonder am I adding to this problem. Are we all adding to this problem? Only time will tell. Only dropping ones pride can get you close. I'm talking to myself too.

We must hand out grace in our speech
We must be careful with the words we say to one another
We must hand out grace in the way we are treated.
We must lay down our pride and the sense of entitlement
We must cling to this love that only the Father can teach us.
We must Embrace the ways we where all created
We must love each other More.

4 comments:

Jana said...

how is it that we are always right on w/ each other's blogs?? i've had one (similar to this one) that's been brewing in my head . . i've had a tough few days and have SO been missing my friends and it's made me so sad!! i just haven't taken the time to sit and write about it yet . . but will try to soon.

love and miss you more than you know!

Eliza said...

So wonderful and eloquent you are. I love reading your blog.

Now is it weird that as I was cleaning the bathroom floor at 1:20 this morning that I was thinking about hoping I get to see you over Christmas time? We'll be gone Tuesday and back on Thursday, so hopefully there'll be some time we can get together. I love you tons!

Melinda said...

JANA< Funny how that happens in life, and in our blogs. I chalk it up to the fact that we are the same person. ha ha But seriously I think we are. Ohhh Friend How I do indeed miss you guys! I hate it more that you, your boy, and your newest Baby boy are so far. I am praying for you! love you.

LIZA < Thanks so much my friend. And to be honest I don't think that is weird you where up at 1 cleaning the bathroom! ha ha! I hope to see you guys too. I am here in bako until the 29th. like I'm leaving by Noon that day.

Eliza said...

We aren't going out of town anymore. Derick is sick so he called off the trip - which is good because Micah is sick too and my sinus feels weird - but only the right one. I'll give you a call!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back