About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Shopping Cart

Today was an interesting day. And then I went to Costco...

I was on my way back to my car and ahead of me a little old man (in his 70's at least) pushed his shopping car, his friends or family already at the car. Then with out notice I watched him pick up speed, then he did something I never would have guessed, he jumped on his shopping car and proceeded to ride it toward his car. Ohh his friends joy, my joy, and his joy was amazing! We all cheered him on, I smiled waved, and said wow that just made my day!

This is something I have always done and love it! Months ago after I did, a student laugh and said she had never really seen an adult do that.  I can't help the child like spirit that is with in, and frankly I am not sure that I ever want to let it go. Sure there are moments where you have to be and act like an adult. But the truth is the moment you stop jumping on a shopping cart, is the moment I am not sure that I ever want to see. 

If you have Child like faith then you believe and watch God do the impossible.
  My Friends at Home Word, have this article that I just love this statements

"When I think of childhood at its best, I think of...
  1. Innocence
  2. Free-spiritedness
  3. Happiness
  4. Excitement
  5. Hopeful anticipation
Maybe that's why Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 19:14 to let the children come to Him because, as He said, "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

I suppose I am just inspired to pause and look at my life, do I have faith like a child right now? Truthfully I think I need a little more 5 to balance my 2, and there when I am there I believe I will find true 3 & 4! 



2 comments:

Jana said...

that's awesome!!! thanks for sharing i miss your playtimes in the rain! :)

Melinda said...

Yeah...so lovely!! I miss puddle jumping with ya!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back