About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

one year...one word

I cannot believe that in 6 days it will be our
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

It has actually been surprising as to how many people have been remembering that our first year of marriage is close. I brightens my day to
hear the sweet words from people, and their well wishes & prayers for us. A few weeks ago a former, students volunteer, and really a friend of ours asked me If I could sum up our first year with one word. What would it be? Such a good rich question!! (above: honeymoon photo somewhere in the Caribbean)

This Question motivated me... and So every day until then i will give one word. I have not thought them all through yet but as I pondered the question many words came to my mind. Here is the first. (Below: Sharks Game right after the Olympics)
Steadfast.
1.
a : firmly fixed in place : immovable
b : not subject to change
2. : firm in belief, determination, or adherence : loyal
For the most part people while we where engaged, and the first months of our marriage would say, "BEWARE of the FIRST YEAR!!" We often talked about it and thought wow it must really be hard. My mind was drenched with these crazy ideas of what horrible things could and would happen to us. I began praying for life and a hedge of protection over our new family.
As the days and months have passed in our first year, I have to say that we have been BEYOND blessed in our marriage!
Our Love, Support, Laughter, & has not changed, it has indeed been a year of "STEADFASTNESS".
It has not been a year without challenge from me loosing my job, loosing my gallbladder, (RIGHT: drawing of where and what my Gallbladder does, Its apparently a non-vital organ? So we took it out.)
and a host of silly things surrounding that. In the midst of that craziness my sweet husband and my relationship has not wavered. It honestly gives me chills right now to think about how God's love has truly showed His Steadfastness to our life and our marriage. More than anything we are stronger. More than anything the steadfast Love I have felt and given, has created an amazing foundation for our family.
Love the Koenig's

No comments:

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back