About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Calm Before the Storm...

This week is my week off before we are off to Mexico for 8 days of goodness. What that "8 days of Goodness" entails is totally unknown for me. But I am not worried. 

Mexico brings: pressures of deadlines, and my mind keeps thinking we have to be forgetting something. Yet everything is falling into place, everything is where it should be, everything seems calm. So My mind says wait for the storm. My prayer is the Storm is a lovely one that you get to watch and enjoy the goodness. 

Today I sit in my kitchen (day two of my five days off), hearing nothing but the tapping of my fingers, the birds and the silence of my home. I have just returned from a glorious bike ride on my roommates teal cruiser where i felt the wind on my face and the sun on my skin. Nothing could feel better on this fine day. I have chatted with friends near and far, friends that are close to my heart and new friends on the rec field as I paused in the middle of my bike ride. I brought my housemate his lunch at school and chatted with one of my life mentors. I have read chapters in the current book I am reading. And its only 3 pm.

Today I also talked with a friend who I was suppose to visit but the colds sicknesses just won't go away. I was yet again reminded of the beauty of friendship that I have all over this state and county. And how powerful peoples prayers are. powerful. 

wow. What will the Lord bring me tomorrow? I cannot wait. 

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Sounds fabulous and oh so relaxing!

I love you my friend and am so glad to get to see you soon. I'll pray it remains calm!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back