About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

friends & twin Beds...

One of the crazy things about having a husband on night shift is sometimes you can have a sleep over with your friends, and most of the time you don't sleep, and most of the time you are alone with your thoughts at random moments in the night.

Normally a sleepover is filled with laughter, silly outbursts, chocolate, & popcorn. Though this sleep over was different. You see it seems we have all really grown up... as I sleep in a twin bed and across the way is a new changing table and basket of baby goodies awaiting a sweet baby boy's arrival in February. Things seem different but a good different.

Tonight...I made dinner for my sweet husband and we rushed out the door, him to his patrol car, and me to my friends home over the hill. By the time i arrived my tired pregnant friend was fast asleep, and I was greeted by her kind husband, shown my room and had a simple conversation about life, anniversaries (they just celebrated too), and his joy over their baby coming to this world. I said goodnight at 10 closed my door and climbed into my twin bed. TEN I have not fallen asleep at ten in years. so I stayed up on the net until now when I fingers found my blog.

Tomorrow I get to go to my friends classroom at 6:40 am shhesh but it will be so worth it to be in her world. Amongst her students, and watch her use her gift of teaching.

Tomorrow after my "big day at school" we will drive north to visit our friend that is sick. We can only be there for a few hours but it will be worth it sooo soo much.

As I lay here praying I will sleep soon... I ponder...

In the midst of my unemployment I have had free time on my hands. I really see this time as time to spend with my friends, family and anyone God places in our path. It has not been easy, but the rewards have been great. Why must we always be Martha trapped in the hustle and bussel of life? Why can we not just be Mary at Jesus' feet? I miss minstry dearly but in all honestly, I was becoming martha in my last months as a youth pastor. It is these moments as a wife alone in my thoughts, as a friend & wife sitting litening to people's hearts, I am beyond blessed. This my just be what God has for us right now, so we are living in just that. As hard as it is at times. We are where God wants us. I love it.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

MAry and Martha... this is an excellent sermon on just that!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/to-be-or-not-to-be/id212594889?i=87767241

Melinda said...

Sweet thanks andrea! ps I need to hang out with you!

and umm I can't figure out how to find that pod cast... umm there are like twenty churches that have the same sermon title ha ha!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back