About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

title changes.

I have worked at High Street as many things for almost 3 complete years now. Strange How time indeed does fly. I have meant to write this blog for a while but the time as always has slipped away. I started in December of 2005 I left YFC Kern County and came to Santa Cruz to embark on an experience of growth, life, and fun, entering into a youth group, as an, office assistant & youth intern, Then it changed to a Youth Assistant or something. 

However on the 13Th of July I was officially called as a pastor on the High Street community staff. Its strange because this whole process has been an evolving thing, and yet the whole time I have been enjoying every minute, even the hard ones. 

God has really been blessing me with a partner that is like a brother, he challenges me, laughs at me, and is proud of me. We work I think as a pretty dynamic team working. I have fallen in love with santa cruz, the kids, and this one volunteer (but that's a different story). 

Its still kind of surreal to tag officially the word "pastor" on as a title for me but, I think it will grow in me. The biggest fear in general is just the responsibility that that title carries. So I continue to attempt to be grounded in where HE wants me to be. And Pray he will help me "feed my lambs...feed my sheep" John 21


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats, Mel! On everything. :) It truly makes me glad to hear life is going so well for you.

Jana said...

hmm . . . let's hear that "other" story!! ;) i'm so proud of you, mel, and all you're doing there! i still have hopes that one day we'll be able to work together again, since now our plans of being roommates in our own house have been squashed! lol. i love you, friend, and hope to see you soon!

Eliza said...

WHOO HOOO!T That is really cool Mel.

Melinda said...

thanks freinds!!

and Jana....Hummm

I think you know that "other Story"

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back