About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The empty Toilet paper role...

It seems that no matter where I am, the office, the home, the friends' house, the boys' house, or the Coffee House. I always with out fail am the one that finds, "THE EMPTY TOILET PAPER ROLE" What are the odds that I would find these roles in multiple bathrooms across the state? I would say that I have about an 80% chance of walking into a bathroom and finding an EMPTY or Next to Empty Role. It has become a joke among some friends and co workers that they will hear me say, "its my spiritual gift to find empty Toilet paper roles" I have to say as far as spiritual Gifts go, I am really using this to its full glory.
But seriously it made me think, and then laugh and then think again. This is where my thoughts ventured to. 

To often in life there are those of us that just love people. We love so much that it hurts from time to time... with a rush of emotion we pause and realize that we indeed have forgotten again about self. Which in our minds is silly because self and should not need anything. I would say that we even go as far as to say with our relationship with Christ, we to pour into and yet do not pause to be poured into by Him the only one that can give us the energy to love anything. Until that one day or moment where every place we turn feels void on some level. It is the thought of which I say everything is so good right now, why do I run on empty. Why am I with every turn finding the empty toilet paper roll in my life. 

As I spoke with a dear friend, the other day we realized that we, for being a christian as long as we have, that we know what we need to do, however most often we fail to actually do what we need or should do. We know how we should feel about our relationship with Christ, yet we pause and forget the essentials. So here I go...back to the essentials that I know I should be present in. 

3 comments:

Jana said...

:) that's stinking hilarious only b/c i, TOO, am the one who always gets the butt end of the roll (no pun intended). LOL. NO KIDDING!!! in fact, there is one friend of mine that, no matter what, when i am at her house, i'm hunting down a new roll under her sink b/c when i go in to use the bathroom it's empty!! i never told her, i just always laughed about it to myself!

i know that wasn't the point of your post, but since we already had this conversation, i'm leaving my comment at that :)

Alisa Marie said...

sweet.

Hey, my roll ran out today, wanna come down and change it?

Melinda said...

I'll be there in about a week can you wait that long isa? just wondering...

Oh Jana...we are always the same but different

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back