About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

late night thoughts

what an amazing few days I have had...yet full of craziness. It is hard to think that so much has happened in so little time... not to mention the days ahead

23rd: 
Last day of work (before the holidays) 
Visit with Barrett & Marta by the fireplace
Late night opening of one present with the boy, i just love my ipod touch

24th
Wake up & pack
Get picked up by the boy and head to his family's Christmas
Santa puzzle
Delivering Presents
Christmas meal of this amazing soup: all I can say is goodness in a bowl.
Story telling & laughter
Late night drive to Bako
Laughter & the open freeway & the boy and I

25th
wake up to coffee with my mom to realise
the boy and the dad already gone to see the homies and get the masa
tamale making, & much laughter, much learning, and much making fun of my siblings for not
Christmas (eve (wink)) Dinner
Photo shoot
opening of presents
Wii playing
a truly lovely day

26th 
Tamales & eggs
hanging out with my familia
watching Across the universe
more tamales
dinner at tail gators with the McPherson's & Bernal's
Condor hockey game
late night at denny's
Late night watching too long of the series "whale wars" commercial seemed so much better...wasted hours of my life.

27th
Tamales & Eggs
Visiting good friends & their baby boy & playing with blocks
Coffee with good friends
Cal Game in HD
Tahoe Joe's with family
pack...and drive back to SC

28th
sleep off the tiredness
read a good book
Lunch with out of town friends
cleaning & packing some before more sleep

29th
Packing and organizing
driving to the boys for some coffee & bowl of cheerios before his work
Laughing at home with my best friend, in our home of two years
Friends arrive...
we travel to our mentors home
we reunite with more old friends at her house
we travel to Woodstock's pizza and spend 4 hours by the fire as if it where our home
rice crispy treats & hot coco: I'm going to miss our little red cabin in the woods

all this while watching Muppet Christmas: letters to Santa : ) the small lines above do not do justice to the joy I have had in the last few days.


4 comments:

Jana said...

what an awesome christmas!! so the boy got you an iPod touch?!! that's incredible!!! so jealous. but good times! sounds like you had a crazy christmas filled with lots of fun, family, and TAMALES!!! :)

Eliza said...

Didn't you love the part with Pepe in the airport? He rubbed the counter and I nearly fell out of my chair.

I'm glad you had fun playing blocks. You will have to have the boy tell me how he built that bridge. I couldn't figure it out yesterday.

Melinda said...

I know right I LOVE IT! so I don't have the iphone but I can have the itouch and do everything but call people and I have a phone for that. I feel like Jay when way back when we asked:

US: "Why do you have a cell phone, when you already have a pager?"

Jay: "So when someone pages me I can call them right back!"

ohh my. How times have changed

I LOVED THAT PART. Ohh Pepe he is sooo my favorite!!! I was laughing in my pillow cuz we have guest staying with us and they where already sleeping.

I will ask the boy how he made the bridge. shoot I just remember it was cool. ha ha

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back