About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Update on Venessa

It is hard for Venessa to get to email while she is away in Africa. 

I miss my friend, my roommate, and I find my self constantly in prayer, Constantly concerned for her well being. In fact some times in tears, or lost in emotion with the total unknown of her trip. What she will not tell you is that her journey to Africa is much more challenging and unknown with each day that passed before she left, and even now as she is in Africa. She is a combo if humble and stubborn to ask for help from you all and in fact she may just get pissed for me posting this....Point is I don't care if she gets mad, I doubt she will but I ask that you keep praying my friends for my friend who is there.

So I leave you this note she sent on the 23rd, and I ask that you pray.

"So i finally arrived today. it took ages to get here! it is really weird and the being alone settled in when I go to the hostel and tried to lay down and couldn't sleep. i proceeded to walk around and it just quiet here, and I feel like my day pack has to be on me at all times and im just tired of carrying it. 

So I have some prayer requests its a lot more scarier here than I thought. they keep soldiers outside the hostel and Gracie was able to book me the first night and the rest of the time it is full. camping is an option here... and I went to check it out and lets just say it was a bit freaky, and its first come first serve. i am going to try and do that tomorrow... but a better complicated journey that involves... well my contact to answer her phone otherwise it would be dangerous to take the bus there and leave me in the middle of nowhere. i am going to look into other places to stay... so we will see." Venessa 6:47 am july 24th.
So there it is for now. I'm praying her contact answers there phone as I know the faster she can get to the baby haven, where she will be helping staff, an orphanage for babies dying with aids. Venessa will love, hold, and embrace the kids with that deep love she has for young ones. I know there will be tears, yet blessings. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the latest? Is she OK?

-Kelly

Melinda said...

she is on just scared. Check out her blog.

it tells all she has been able to get online the last few days : )

hopevenessa.blogspot.com

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back