About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Friday, July 4, 2008

So my Dad and everyone I know has purchased a Wii

So this last Father's day I drove to Bakersfield to be with my family in a day which we celebrated my sister's birthday and Father's day on a saturday, and inbetween I went to an Indian wedding. (Yes I am talking about fathers' day and I am clearly aware that it has passed, yet since on vacation I didn't truly update this blog with all recent fun things...I figured I would take this holiday to talk about the most recent holiday)
 Two things have become a tradition...one only because I think it will happen next year and the other has just always happened. One We have celebrated the mexican Mothers day which resides on a saturday and created our own (the mexican calender doesn't celebrate fathers eek) Mexican father's day on Saturday. TWO: My Dad buys his OWN Fathers day Gift, Birthday Gift Ect. We buy gifts to go along side it. 

Therefore about a week and a half before Fathers day roles around I get a Txt message from my father saying something to the effect that, "it has begun, he now owns the Wii!" 

So like any good children we bought him Mario Cart.
 We have always loved playing games together, but until the wii came into our lives we have never (other than kids) played interactive video games. ha ha!! Never thought I would say that! But my brother does play Guitar band just as if he was on stage so...its totally natural!! ha ha!

3 comments:

Jana said...

YAY!!! Happy Father's Day, Henry! :) My dad got hooked on the Wii when he was out here a few weeks ago (also during Father's Day and his bday)! I think it will only be a matter of time before he buys one for himself (if he hasn't already)! Good family fun. :) Who's the girl in the pic that isn't an obvious descendant of one Joseph Henry?

Alisa Marie said...

Jana, thats Sara, Dave's girlfriend! We love her!

Melinda said...

yup yup!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back