About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

times & title changes

It is hard to believe that in the fall of 2005 when I first came to Santa Cruz as we pulled 2 part time jobs together to create one job. From that point on my job began to morph and change, next I became the youth assistant, to the assistant youth pastor and now 4 years later, on July 1 2009, I become the Full Time Youth Pastor of jr high & sr high ministries at High Street Community Church.

These last four years have brought me joy, laughter, growth: spiritually and emotionally, tears, struggle, depth, and happiness. I have learned more than I had ever expected from my students, volunteers, and my boss (now the former Youth Pastor Todd Trowbridge)
, lessons I will never forget, lessons that I am forever grateful for. Know that Todd is still around at church... God has just moved him around a bit, he is now an associate pastor taking care of children & administration at HSCC.

Todd & I worked as a team in this ministry of jr & sr high ministries. We found that we where most like siblings, knowing when we did something that it would make the other person mad and knowing exactly what buttons would be pushed, and knowing when to push for excellence, and when to pause in grace.

We fought over students souls, we dug for the best topics and lessons we wanted our students to understand about who Jesus is.

So where is this new adventure taking us... I don't know, but what I do know is that, my heart is, scared, excited, fearful, filled with eager anticipation, and praying for full confidence that we are right where God has us. Hope, is what I have. Hope that God will continue a good work here at High Street in Oasis and Edge. My heart still wrapped in love for students and volunteers, and parents, to come to an understanding of who God created them to be.
Pray for continual smooth transition, and life in the ministry that is before us. Pray for Pherf and I as we walk into our first year of marriage, and more ministry than we have had before, that we be wise with our time and balance our love for people, ministry, family, and our new beginning. Pherf and I have prayed, cried, and processed through this. we believe High Street and the jr & sr high ministries are where God has called us right now.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats! It's a nice new title. :) However, if that picture of your desk reflects how it looks everyday I want your cleaning people.

Melinda said...

it is how it looks... mario cleaning service!! ha ha!! but honestly what you didn't see was what is to the right of that photo!! ha ha!

thanks britany!

trinity said...

Congrats my friend you will do a beautiful job, your students will love you and thus love Jesus!

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back