About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
living, and loving people. in the midst of my humanity.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

update on life: Part 2:The Boy meets Familia

So as we drove home from Don't forget the lyrics, my mom was on the phone with my aunt, and then it rang and again and she was on the phone with my uncle and so on and so on. Knowing my family I didn't think much of it. You see there Saturday night there was a birthday party for like number 28Th great grandchild, and sadly the boy and I had to leave town early, thus missing the birthday party. Yet the word was out: MELINDA WAS BRINGING THE BOY. So those phone calls where about having early dinner with us at the house. Picture the family dinner in fools rush in, yeah but we traded the mariachis for the wii : ) Which led to my crash course on who my family was, names stories and relation to us. Comical to say the least. Lets just say the boy had a few questions.

The Mexican Stats:
1 grandma
2 aunts
2 uncles
3 cousins
5 great grandchildren
My three Mexicans
1 brother in law
Total Mexicans/Relatives in the house = 17 + Pherf & I + 1 visiting Indian = 20 people : )

So he met my FAMILIA! Yeah above is not all of us pictured but alas we never get everyone : ) Those where just the people that where there early to meet the Boy, and visit with me. He said as we left, "I'm glad I got to meet ALL of your family" to which I laughed and said, "ohh that's not all of them" Shoot how did Tad do it? So far, the Boy still loves me and i suppose understands my love of throwing big parties, and loving big groups of people who I love, as well as faces to my family that I love so much. We took a girl photo missing my tia Ysidra, and one of the newest great grandchildren Mia (Barron found his way in the photo in my cousin's arms). 
 

3 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

Its ok, I still have to remind Tad who's kids belong to who... he's almost there.

Clint said...

check the YWF blog... please.

thanks,

clint

Eliza said...

So what else is new...

Live Life

walking boldly as though nothing can
hold you
back